
They call Laguna Bacalar “The Lake of Seven Colors”. I expected it to be pretty, but oh my god-- there aren't the right words to describe it and the pictures don't quite do it true justice. Fresh water, the color of the Carribean and then some. Hotel Laguna is definitely pretty funny. Ope said he felt like he was in some resort in the Catskills that was supposed to be fashionable when it was built. The views were incredible but it was a bit loud at night.
We wandered into town and found a smaller little hotel-- just a few casitas on

the lake. In town we walked to the end of a pier and found what I kept describing as the most perfect swimming I had ever had (although I say that about a lot of swimming holes...). Crystal clear water maybe 4 to 5 feet, endless hard packed sandy bottom. I remembered how Sue and I used to do the Dolphin swim, shallow diving over and over. I knew if she were along on this trip we would laugh and be dolphins right out to where the water finally changed color, so I did a little dolphin right there for her. People probably thought I was pretty weird.

We decided to stay one more night in Bacalar and go to the ruins about an hour South. Just when I think I've seen enough ruin sites, I am awed once again. I'll get a few pictures together for the next time I post.
All my Love
No comments:
Post a Comment