
I called the B&B in Puerto Morelos “sweet”... the one in Merida is amazing. From the outside, yikes, I was ready to turn around . Then inside, and oasis. Our hosts, Chucho and Ellyne, built the place from scratch on the property where Chucho's childhood home was. There are four cabanas around a pool—a stone waterfall goes around the whole courtyard. We have a glass shower that has it's own little piece of waterfall. We have amazing breakfasts and beer with our hosts poolside in the afternoon. We are in heaven.

Yesterday we went to the market. It was huge and bustling. Building after buiding of fruits, vegetables, meat hanging, chickens with the heads still on, and a gazillion shoe stores for some odd reason.Then we walked forever in the heat to the Anthropological Museum which was airy and cool and where I finally got a tour guide who helped make sense out of so much that I was missing about the Mayan culture. He spent two hours with us and it flew by-- he was fascinating.

Today we got caught in a downpour at the Sunday celebration on the square so we ducked into a pizza place where you can still get 2 beers and a pizza for $6.50 (Bob and Lis-- remember sitting upstairs in the pizaa place with the bicycle hanging from the ceiling?).
So now we are back resting and tomorrow we may go on a Hacienda for a tour.
All my Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment